*As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. The price to you remains the same.
Are you fed up with dirty and stinking floors, even after mopping? Don’t you wish there was a more straightforward solution to cleaning your house than these god-forsaken mops, scrubbers, and brooms?
Steam cleaning to the rescue! Steam mops require only water and electricity. The process is simple and easy to use, and completely free of harmful chemicals.
Bissell is one of the top manufacturers of these products, and today we will compare two of their best products: Bissell Powerfresh Steam Mop 1940 vs. 1940W
What Is Steam Cleaning?
Steam cleaning has gained a lot of popularity in America over the last few years. The global steam cleaner market is growing at a rapid clip of 6%, as per reports.
Using a steam cleaner mop is one of the best ways to clean the house. You can get rid of nearly 99% of bacteria and germs. The floor comes out looking pristine, and you are left with a fresh odor, unlike other cleaning solutions that use petroleum variants.
Steam cleaning is versatile as well. You can clean tiled floors, hardwood floors, kitchen equipment, and a lot more with steam mops and cleaners.
If you are new to steam cleaning, you might be wondering how it all works? Well, as the name suggests, a steam mop uses steam to clean the floor’s dirt and germs. It disinfects the floors using the hot, dry steam that it produces. This process kills bacteria and sterilizes the surface.
You can clean the toughest stains with a steam mop. You no longer need to waste your time scrubbing dirty floors with a scrubber. With a simple touch, cleaning can now become one of the easiest jobs at home.
Unlike regular mops, a steam mop retains heat for a certain amount of time, and you have to clean the house during that time.
About BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mops
Bissell is a 140-year-old vacuum cleaner company.
Bissell power fresh is one of the top-selling steam mops on Amazon. The product can kill up to 99.99% of bacteria and germs.
It leaves your house with a clean and fresh odor and can sanitize hard floors.
The machine has a flip-down easy scrubber, which can easily break down the dirt in your flooring. You can optimize the steam power you want to use within three levels: high, medium, or low steam.
It is easy to assemble and very convenient to use. It has a low-profile, with which you can reach places that are not possible to reach with a regular mop.
Bissell has come out with several types of steam cleaning mops, including Power Fresh Steam Mops, including the PowerFresh Steam Mop (1940), PowerFresh Steam Mop (19404), PowerFresh Slim Steam Mop (2075A), PowerFresh Lift-Off Steam Mop (1544A), PowerFresh Deluxe Steam Mop (1806), and the PowerEdge Lift-Off Steam Mop (20781)
There are three variants of the PowerFresh Steam Mop (1940), the basic one, the PowerFresh Steam Mop (1940w), and the PowerFresh Steam Mop (1940a).
Feature Wise Comparison: Bissell Powerfresh Steam Mop 1940 vs. 1940w
1940: This model is a combination of white and blue colors. Look wise; both models are almost the same.
1940W: The 1940W is orange and white. It’s a slim-looking machine which is convenient to store after use.
1940: The Powerfresh 1940 has a cord length of 23 feet, which makes it an excellent option if you have a big place and don’t want to keep plugging and unplugging when moving from one room to another.
1940W: The 1940W has a slightly longer cord with a length of 25 feet. Both models are excellent for cleaning large places.
1940: The Powerfresh 1940 has a removable water tank. It stores up to 13 ounces of water.
1940W: The 1940W, on the other hand, stores up to 19 ounces of water. It also has a removable water tank. With its larger water storage capacity and slightly larger cord length, the 1940W is better for cleaning a bigger area.
Weight and portability
1940: This model weighs 8.3 pounds.
1940W: The 1940W weighs 8.2 pounds. Both have almost similar weight and are lighter in comparison to other steam mops in the market. Coupled with their long cord, these two models are easy to move around from one room to the other.
1940 is much cheaper than the 1940w.
BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop 1940
Bissell power fresh steam mop cleans up to 99.99% bacteria without using any harsh chemicals. For a fresh fragrance, there is a spring breeze fragrance disc with the gear. Use it inside the mop cloth. Let your house smell fresh.
You can get three levels of steam cleaning with the digital steam control button. Assembling the gear is a work of seconds. With the natural power of steam, cleaning and sanitizing both is possible.
Features and Benefits
- Multiple utility device: use the mop cleaner on graphite, marble, wood, and linoleum floor. Without using any harsh chemicals, you can clean the floors with ease. Cleaning tough stains, dirt, sticky mess is very convenient with the steam mop. It would help if you flipped down the scrubber to get rid of stains within a few minutes.
- Digital steam control system: the steam mop has a digital steam control that helps you choose different steam levels, right from the low, medium, to high steam cleaning. You can use the mop within 30 seconds. It uses a power of 1500 watts.
- Additional gears: with the steam mop, you get an extra mop for cleaning. You also get two fragrance discs that you can use inside the mop. It makes your house smell fresh. There is a microfiber scrub pad that helps remove tough stains. A carpet glider is also available that helps clean dirty carpets. It has a 23 feet long cord that helps to reach corners.
- Removable water tank: it uses 15 ounces of water to convert into steam for cleaning. It has a removable tank, making it convenient to refill it at the sink.
- It has an adjustable steam level ranging from low, medium, and high.
- The separate water tank is easy to refill.
- Easy to flip down scrubber helps clean tough stains and grout lines on tiles.
- Get rid of 00.9 % bacteria with the steam mop.
- It not only cleans your house but sanitizes it also.
- It’s a lightweight gear that weighs 3.8 pounds that makes it convenient to carry.
- The 23 feet long cord helps you to reach all the corners of your house.
- Two fragrance pads are available with the mop to make your house smell fresh.
- The water tank is tough to remove.
- Some users complain that the scrubber of the machine gets hot.
- Clean and sanitize sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals; Eliminates 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria with the natural power of steam
- Power through tough, sticky messes with the flip down easy scrubber
- Choose from high, medium, or low steam based on your cleaning needs with the smart set digital steam control
- Features swivel steering and a 23 foot power cord. Ready to use in 30 seconds
- Includes: (1) microfiber soft pad, (1) microfiber scrubby pad, (2) spring breeze fragrance discs, and a carpet glider. Power rating: 1500 watts. Power Source: Corded
Bissell Power Fresh Steam Mop 1940w
Steam mop by Bissell power fresh 1940w is orange and white. It works almost like 1940 but is an enhanced version of it. The steam cleaner helps to clean any surface most naturally and effectively. It is popular in killing 99.9% of germs and makes your house fresh and bacteria-free. You do not need any soap, detergent, and sanitizers to clean any floor. It cleans as well as sanitizes your home.
Features and Benefits
- Extra-long cord: It has an extra-long cord that makes it reach all the house’s nukes and corners. The long cord helps the user not to bend much to clean different surfaces.
- Use on different floors: use this steam mop on different floors like ceramic, hardwood, granite, marble, and more.
- Design and color: the gear is long enough and can be used by everyone and anyone in the house. Its sleek design makes it compact and easy to store. Its orange color makes it look great.
- Lightweight: the gear is lightweight, and you can store it in a compact space. It weighs 8.2 pounds. Store it after use in any place you feel like.
- Handy scrubber: the steam mop has a scrubber attached to it at the back. For cleaning tough stains, you can use a scrubber. It works well on old and dry stains too.
- The gear has a scrubber attached to it that helps to clean tough stains.
- The water tank holds 19 ounces of water. It is removable and provides convenience to its users.
- A long 25 feet cord provides greater mobility. It helps to clean and reach corners of the house.
- Its attractive color combination of orange and white makes it look great.
- The mop is large enough to clean the dirt and the germs from the floor.
- Two fragrance discs are available to make your house smell fresh.
- Three different steam settings are available.
- It is available at an affordable price.
- No on or off button is given on the gear.
- Sometimes the cap of the water tank is hard to remove.
- No extra gears except the carpet glider.
Both models are nearly similar, except for a few cosmetic changes here and there. Perhaps the most important difference is that the 1940w has a bigger steam tank and a longer cord length.
This means that the 1940w is more suited for a longer haul. If you have a really big place to clean up, you should prefer the 1940w. But 1940, on the other hand, is a lot cheaper, so unless the tank size bothers you, 1940 is a much sweeter deal.
Last update on 2023-02-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API