How to Clean a Vax Carpet Cleaner—It’s Not That Complicated!
*As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. The price to you remains the same.
Granted, you have the best carpet cleaning machine in Vax, so the chore doesn’t feel like one.
How about cleaning the washer afterward? Would you still enjoy it just as much?
Probably not. I hate that part myself. If I could only skip that, I would. Like seriously! Just let me do the dishes for days.
But doing dishes won’t clean my Vax carpet cleaner, so I had to find out exactly how it works.
And let me tell you: the actual cleaning is pretty straightforward. You just need to rinse each part under water and be sure that all of them are completely dry before reassembly and storage.
However, dismantling is another story. You wouldn’t want to be rinsing those parts while they’re still attached to the machine, right? It’s definitely the easiest way to destruction!
In this article, I will show you the proper steps in cleaning your Vax Carpet cleaner and some maintenance tips to prolong its life.
Cleaning the Different Sections of Your Vax Cleaner
Knowing how to clean out a Vax Platinum carpet cleaner after use should begin with safety first. You don’t want to be creating another problem, do you?
⚠️ Be sure that the machine is turned off and unplugged from the main power source to get started. This is a standard operating procedure in any electrical appliance. We need to ensure safety against electric shock!
How to Clean a Vax Platinum Carpet Cleaner Tank
- To detach the dirty water tank from the machine, you need to lift the release clip and unfasten it. Lift it through the orange-colored handle.
- Bring it to your sink and lift the latch to remove the whole lid of the tank.
- Empty the collected dirty water from the tank over the sink.
- Rinse the dirty water tank thoroughly, including the lid using water not over 40 °C
- Clean the filter screen as well by removing it from the lid. Rinse through the running water. It shouldn’t also exceed 40 °C.
But how about Vax Rapid Power Revive? If you’re emptying the tank while in the middle of cleaning, I suggest that you just use the hole on top of it.
A quick spout pour lid covers it. Just pull it to uncap and drain the dirty water from there.
Ensure that the lid or spout is closed before refitting the tank to the machine.
Remember to dry it completely, probably around 24 hours before it can be refitted to the machine. You can clean other parts of the washer while waiting.
- Once dry, you can return the lid to its place.
- To replace the container’s lid, slide the tabs found on the tank and close like a hinge.
- Lift the latch, hook it to the tank’s lid, and push it down to lock.
- Re-fit the tank by tilting it and lining its front onto the washer. It just needs to be pushed back until you hear a click. That’s when you know it returned correctly into its proper place.
How Do You Remove the Front of a Vax Carpet Cleaner?
While the water tank is detached from the washer for cleaning:
- Recline back the carpet washer.
- Separate the tabs on the nozzle from the washer by lifting the release clip and pulling the nozzle forward.
- Rinse the nozzle with running water to remove the collected debris and dirt.
- To return the nozzle, align the tabs on it so that the tab is under the front of the washer. Gently press down the nozzle until you hear the click, which means it’s already in place.
How Do You Clean the Bottom of a Vax Carpet Cleaner?
These two usually can get by without cleaning too often, although regular checking would not hurt. Be patient though, the brushbar specifically is a bit challenging to remove!
Knowing how to clean vax carpet cleaner brushes ensures that you can avoid blockages that can affect the machine’s performance. Just follow these steps:
- You can locate the SpinScrub brushes and brushbar underneath the machine. To remove it, you need to tilt back the carpet washer to the ground, exposing them.
- Pull the sides of the cover to remove the SpinScrub brushes.
- For the brush bar, you need to use a crosshead screwdriver to undo the two screws that are keeping the belt guard in place.
- Undo the other four screws from each rug guard located at either side of the brushbar.
- On the left side of the brushbar, pull and slide to remove its side cap.
- Do the same on the right side of the brushbar and unloop it from the belt.
- Remove the collected hair and threads from the brushes using tweezers and a pair of scissors.
- Rinse the brushes under running water to make sure no debris is left. Remember to dry the brushes thoroughly prior to reassembling.
- When it’s time to reassemble, align the spindle and the tabs located at the side of the Spinscrub cover into the washer. Firmly press into place until you hear the “click.”
The Not-So-Secret Tips to Prolonging the Life of Vax Carpet Cleaner
Cleaning and maintenance are not just for aesthetics, that’s for sure! They’re also for the machine’s health.
In fact, the secret to long-lasting cleaning machines lies precisely in cleaning. Talk about fundamentals!
Your washer will be in constant grind, especially if you have a large family, including pets. You know, high foot traffic and all!
Dirt, gunk, lint, pet, and human hairs can accumulate in some parts they didn’t mean to be in and cause damage and malfunction over time if not addressed immediately.
Also, thorough cleaning and proper drying are crucial in ensuring that the machine will be free from moisture that could develop rust in the metal parts.
It would be best if you also have your carpet cleaner serviced regularly. Perhaps once or twice a year would be ideal.
While you may have practiced due diligence, an expert eye can do wonders. They make sure that your washer can do its job at its maximum capacity and that it’s safe for you to use as well. Nobody’s compromising health and safety here, honey!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you clean a carpet cleaner?
Carpet cleaners are one heck of a machine that does wonders for your home. To ensure optimum performance, you need to clean it regularly.
They can be too dirty and eventually get clogged over time. This might affect their performance and, worse, lead to early malfunction or breakdown.
The basic cleaning of carpet cleaner involves cleaning the nozzle, removal of lint, cleaning of brushes, tanks, and exterior. You should also make sure that you only use cleaning products that the manufacturer recommended.
Finally, and this is crucial, you need the machine to be completely dry before storing them.
What to do when you can’t detach the SprinScrub brush?
Some owners have reported having trouble removing the SpinScrub brushes for some reason. A seemingly very basic pull you need to do doesn’t work at all. What to do next?
If you have the same situation, kindly report this to the Vax Support team on their website thru the live chat.