*As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. The price to you remains the same.
Have you ever wondered how can you clean those heavy carpeting or upholsteries or even the sofas without spending tons of money on dry cleaning or booking a cleaning agency? If you have an allergy to dust and pollen, then cleaning your upholsteries, and furniture up at regular intervals is an important necessity that you simply cannot neglect. This is where some of the best steam cleaners for furniture needs to be introduced to you.
Why do we need a steam cleaner for furniture?
There is a reason why steam cleaner has been garnering massive popularity worldwide without fail in the last few years since it was introduced in the cleaning industry. To make pressure washer cleaning an easier DIY project, they have been categorized under two variations.
- Dry Steam Cleaners – Working based on the principle of a pressure cooker, in these steam cleaners steam produced by boiling water is used for the cleaning purpose.
- Cool Steam Cleaner – These steamers need more water as there is not hot steam produced. They provide more wet cleaning and are not very effective against bugs, bacteria, and molds. The additional humidity or soggy aftereffect makes it a bigger problem.
Steam cleaning tends to be more effective in removing extremely tight and clogged dirt and grits from the upholsteries and carpets. They are also an extremely good way of eradicating microbial agents without the need to use any harsh chemicals and caustic agents.
Does steam cleaner really work or are they just a hassle?
It is imperative to always read the instruction manual of any and every electronic device we buy. Following the guidelines and instructions to the T, is not only for safety reasons. It also ensures that the product works for the longest period without causing any disruption of its functionality.
There are reasons that make a steam cleaner a far better alternative to any chemical or electrical or mechanical cleaning devices available in the market.
- The extremely high temperature of steam cleaners ensures any invasive growths like bacterias and molds are killed. They are also known to be effective against bed bugs.
- The need for professional cleaning service is greatly reduced as steam cleaning is very effective in dislodging and washing away the most difficult dirt and stains.
- Steam cleaning is very environment-friendly as it does not use any harsh chemical agents for the cleaning treatment and does not leave behind any harsh residues.
- Unlike popular belief, steam cleaners do not use a lot of water.
- They disinfect and removes the odor besides the grease, oils, stains and minute dust particle accumulations that are not visible to naked eyes more often than not.
However, a steam cleaner is believed to be more effective if some additional tips and tricks are followed along. Here are a few tips for optimal performance of your steam cleaner:
- Instead of waiting for the water to heat up in the steamer, it is better to use pre-heated water as that fastens the process
- Instead of using caustic chemicals, use environment-friendly products like baking soda, vinegar, etc as they not only maintain the health of the product but leaves behind almost no chemical residue.
- Vacuuming beforehand helps in providing better result while steam cleaning.
So, should you be steam cleaning?
The answer is a definite yes. A steam cleaner not only cleans but also helps in disinfecting which is an important functionality that we all need today. As it is a one-time investment, you also save a lot of money that is invested in repeat visits to the dry cleaner or booking cleaning service at regular intervals for your upholstery and carpets. To help you out we have reviewed the top 3 best Steam Cleaner for Furniture, Sofa, Couches & Upholstery in 2022. Let’s have a Look!
What to look for and expect in the best steam cleaner for furniture?
Since every Steam Cleaner has its own unique signature features and numerous positive aspects, we decided to grade them according to some of the common aspects every buyer generally looks for while buying a product.
- Ability to clean multiple surfaces like
- Ability to clean stain mark and surface dirt
- Ability to eradicate molds and bacteria
- Weight of the entire apparatus, Usability and portability from one place to the other.
- Attachment quality and ease of setup
- Steam temperature and average duration of usage with one full tank of water.
- Ability to use external cleaning agents like detergents and disinfectant solutions
Must Check – Best Steam Cleaner for Bathroom – Our Top Picks 2022!
Top Steam Cleaners For Furniture & Upholstery
Based on the aspects mentioned above, we decided to choose the 3 best Steam cleaner for furniture that has been highly rated and well-reviewed by customers worldwide.
Recommended Furniture and Upholstery Steam Cleaners (Quick Overview)
The first in the list of best steam cleaner for furniture and sofa is Vapamore MR 75. When a product has multiple functionalities and is also compact and lightweight, it is bound to garner a few extra points more than others. Vapamore MR-75 Amico Handheld Steam Cleaner is perfect for its sheer stunning design and small size.
Its compact design allows minimal space requirements besides various other additional yet impressive features. With an ability to superheat up to 210 degrees Fahrenheit, it is perfect to kill all those unwanted critters and invaders in your home that are often not visible to our naked eyes.
- The Vapamore MR 75 is certainly a power-packed device designed within a small package. As it is a handheld model it is lightweight and ergonomically designed to suit the needs of smaller and larger properties with equal ease.
- Compact, lightweight, user-friendly and multipurpose usage.
- Perfectly suitable specifically to kill the bed bugs, this handheld steamer can produce steam that is heated up to 210 degrees F easily.
- Deep penetration of the steam allows a maximized effect on the crevices and crannies where the chances of germs and molds are maximum.
- Besides being bug exterminator and mold cleaner, this handheld steam cleaner is also an excellent deodorizer that can be used almost everywhere inclusive of labs, vehicles, and penthouses.
- Even though the cord and the hose are of limited size, the handheld ability allows one to easily clean stains and oil spots on the insides of carpets and curtains.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty that ensures you never have any problem all along the usage time.
- Geared with the ability to handle up to 45 psi steam pressure, the handheld steamer is usable on all surfaces carpeted staircases and upholsteries like furniture, sofas, murphy bed and curtains among many more.
- Cleans and sanitizes almost all surfaces without needing any additional chemicals or caustic agents.
- It can be used to clean jewelry, air conditioning units, food processors, pet bedding, birdcages, etc.
- MR-75 Amico Steamer
- Steam Hose/Connector
- Accessory Tool Adaptor
- Measuring Cup
- Carrying Case
- Detail Scraper
- Nylon Brush Straight
- Jet Nozzle Attachment
- Nylon Grout Brush
- Nylon Grout Brush Medium
- Large Nylon Brush
- Small Brass Metal Brush
- Large Brass Metal Brush
- Large Stainless Steel Brush
- Cloths/Smooth Surface Squeegee
- 3 Cotton Cover
McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner is another best steam cleaner for furniture & upholstery. This furniture steam cleaner is a very good choice if you are looking for a heavy-duty steam cleaner that can work well on furniture, upholsteries and other places alike. It may not be a perfect steam cleaner with all available features but still, it is good enough to be able to handle maximum functional requirements.
Even if it is slightly on the pricier end, its compact design along with extra long hose and cord makes it just right for larger properties. The additional triple functionality of deodorizing, disinfecting and cleaning because of the superheated steaming capacity makes it a great choice to buy.
- McCulloch MC 1275 Heavy Duty Cleaner is a powerful yet portable canister type steam cleaner that is suitable for home, garages, hospitals alike.
- It comes with 18 accessories that can be easily attached or detached as per requirement.
- Easy to assemble all the units of the Steam Cleaner without needing any external assistance.
- Large tank capacity of up to 48 OZ that can provide an efficient steaming time up to 45 minutes.
- A full tank needs approximately 8 to 10 minutes to steam up, which is soon enough to start cleaning almost immediately
- The steam lock switch attachment in the McCulloch MC 1275 Heavy Duty Cleaner is certainly a great advantage. This allows continuous steam spray without needing to repeatedly press the steam button unlike in other Steam cleaners.
- The steam jet nozzle attachment emits powerful steam that can very easily dislodge even the most adamant of dirt or grit and thus helping in cleaning better.
- The additional floor mop attachment allows one to reach the small tilts, turns, and angles of the floors and furniture easily and thus cleaning maximum surfaces easily
- Additional rotary scrub pads enable one to clean curtains and carpets easily without needing to render too much physical exertion.
- The flat floor mop attachment also helps in easy cleaning the footprints and other such dirt remnants on carpets and mats beside the floors.
- The steam temperature reaches up to 200-degree Fahrenheit, which is very effective in killing microbes and bugs. It has a triple functionality as this superheated steam ensures deodorizing and disinfecting of the furniture besides cleaning it.
- An extra-long hose of 10 ft along with an additional cord length of 15 ft allows one to easily move from one space to another without needing to unplug and plug repeatedly.
- The additional utility brushes are strong enough to handle grease, oil and dirt that are common problems of BBQ, garages and cars.
- Steam Cleaner
- Triangle Brush
- 5 Short Nylon Brush
- Brass Brush (5)
- Scrub Pad (5)
- Fill Cup
- Mop Pad (2)
- Boiler Cap
- Steam Jet Nozzle with Tip
- Carrying Handle
- Extension Wands (2)
- Microfiber Pads (2)
- Water Funnel
- Nylon Utility Brushes (5)
The microfiber mop head is certainly an added positive aspect especially if you have a pet at home that sheds a lot of hair which gets stuck in the knick and cronies of your home. This mop enables one to easily dislodge these hidden allergens and give a complete clean look.
The lock on-demand button allows one to steam clean any surface without interruption for over 40 minutes. This feature with the added water heat indicator ensures that the user is well informed about the heat level of the steam emitted.
- Is reviewed as one of the best heavy-duty usage Steam cleaners for upholstery and furniture due to the prolonged high pressured steaming ability.
- Easy to fill the tank with a capacity of 45 OZ allows uninterrupted cleaning for a longer duration.
- Additional larger water inlet minimizes water spillage and promotes faster refilling..
- Custom fitted with wheels and casters that allow ease of movement along all surfaces.
- The ergonomic compact design is very sleek and stylish to look at.
- The 64 inches hose may not be very long compared to many other models; however, the extreme flexibility of the hose pipes allows it to move into the most curved spots without any issues.
- The heat indicator light on the side allows one to easily notice how hot the steam is.
- 15 additional attachments ensure the cleaning of every possible area and surface without any problem.
- Water is heated up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit that not only cleans but also sanitizes the surface well. The high heat also enables deep penetrations into the crevices and unreachable spots thus effectively killing any unwanted pests or molds hidden far away from the view of our sight.
- Onboard storage unit attachment for carrying smaller cleaning essentials like mops, brush fittings and cleaning agents.
- The microfiber cleaning pads are highly durable besides being excellent fine dirt, pollens and allergen and debris trapping unit. These microfiber pads are great in catching all those smaller fine hairs of pets.
- The 1500 watt motor ensures deep cleaning of germs alongside easy removal of stains and dirt.
- Fitted with a custom on-demand steam control unit that allows up to 45 minutes of steaming on one press of the button. This lock on button is very unique to this model and has been appreciated by almost every buyer around.
- SF-370 Multi Purpose Steam Cleaner
- 2 x Microfiber pad
- Extension wand
- Scrub pad
- Measuring cup
- Jet Nozzle
- Scrub tool
- Sponge pad
- Nylon utility brushes
- Brass utility brushes
- Corner tool
- Mop head
What Does Upholstery Steam Cleaning Actually Mean?
In simple language Upholstery steam cleaning means deep cleaning of stains, dirt, molds, and stains from furniture, carpeted stairs and floors, curtains, pet houses, and beddings, etc, which are difficult to remove and send for laundry service.
However, the process is slightly more complicated than what is stated as the definition above.
High pressured steam at the temperature of boiling water is used to clean the surface. This causes some important changes to the furniture.
- The heat of steam (the temperature of the steam is higher than water at boiling point) penetrates to a great depth killing many types of bacteria, bugs, and molds.
- The external dirt and molds are easily dislodged due to the high-pressure steam application and thus easily cleaned off.
Thus the need to visit a dry cleaner or bringing in heavy machinery is totally not required anymore.
How To Steam Clean Upholstery?
Steam cleaning of Upholsteries is easier than thought if proper guidelines and techniques are followed. The steps are as follows:
Preparing the upholstery
The upholstery should be vacuumed thoroughly to dislodge surface dirt and soils besides fine dust particles as this helps in speeding up the process of steam cleaning.
Preparing the stains on the upholstery
Apply an adequate amount of natural cleaning agent on any areas of larger stains beforehand, to help in chemical liquefaction of the stain and thus helping in cleaning the stain better.
Precondition the fabrics well
Soil emulsifiers are great natural agents that help in the loosening of foreign particles on the surface of furniture and upholsteries. Spraying them copiously beforehand will only make the steam cleaning more effective. Spraying shampoo beforehand is also a great alternative.
Anything that is large and bulky will be difficult to move around and especially reach those nooks and crannies on the higher side of the house.
Preparing the steam cleaner beforehand
Make sure to fill the steamer tank with water to the optimal level. Ensure enough space for steam formation. Choose the right accessory attachment that suits the surface you are cleaning. The accessory needed to clean the sofa is different from the one that is needed to clean the carpeted stairs or the curtains.
Use a very minimal amount of soap or detergent if needed
Excess washing soda will only lengthen the cleaning process as you will need repeated cleaning a few times to remove any soap remnants.
Start the cleaning with smaller surfaces that are light and movable like cushions, pillows etc.
Smaller goods can be cleaned and moved aside thus providing you with larger open space to move around to clean. Ensure that you clean both sides of the pillows well and all the trim ends too.
The clean small surface at a time
While cleaning surfaces like sofas, staircases, curtains make sure to clean small spaces at a time. If steam is applied on a larger surface and left, moisture absorption can occur which is not exactly a good thing and can cause damage.
Drying is must
Make sure to use a dry highly absorbable mop or cloth to wipe all the surface well post steam cleaning to remove any moisture residue. If needed use a blow dryer, fans, etc on sofas and carpeted floors and stairs to remove every small drop of moisture.
Removing lingering stains
Sometimes even after preconditioning, many stains are not completely removed. This may need a repeat cleaning. Using soap or detergent, the stained surface should be rinsed well individually with a sponge or cleaning scrub if needed.
Using external cleaning agents in the steam cleaner
Apple cider vinegar is a great disinfectant and deodorizer besides being highly effective against stains. They are also eco-friendly and can be easily used in a steam cleaner without causing any harm to it.
Why choose to steam clean instead of regular cleaning?
Choosing a Steam cleaner for upholsteries is a definitely profitable one-time investment on your part for various reasons as explained above. However, steaming has advantages and disadvantages like any other electronic inventions of today. If you are buying upholstery steam cleaner then make sure you choose a steam cleaner with a broad nozzle.
Advantages of using a Steam Cleaner for furniture & upholstery
- It is suitable for almost every kind of flat and uneven surfaces alike. Be it curtains, pet house, mattresses, carpets, sofas, a steam cleaner can be used on almost any surface.
- They can be used to clean, glass panes, windows, doors and bathroom tiles too
- They are environment-friendly and do not leave any harmful chemical residue as they are only high pressured water.
- They have multiple functions as they deodorize, disinfect and degrease any surface they are used on besides cleaning them.
- They are effective in removing or killing bacterial proliferation and mold growths.
- They are effective in removing even the toughest stains
- They often require almost no external detergents for cleansing.
Disadvantages of using Steam Cleaner for furniture & upholstery
- The high temperature and moisture can be bad for wooden surfaces, antiques, and papers. They can cause permanent damage.
- As an aftermath of steam cleaning, dry mopping of the surface is needed to remove any extra moisture.
- The steam is a very high temperature and can cause serious skin burn if not carefully handled.
- The steam cleaner though a one-time investment is still slightly pricier than any other automatic cleaning product available.
Related – Best Steam Cleaner For Tile and Grout
Choosing the best Steam cleaner for furniture & Upholstery is not about the most highly rated one available in the market. Rather it completely depends on your customized requirements. The three steam cleaner for furniture mentioned above has a unique feature about themselves that makes them perfect for cleaning furniture and upholsteries easily without extra assistance or effort.
Best Steam Cleaner For Furniture & Upholstery
Last update on 2022-03-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API