*As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. The price to you remains the same.
Table of Contents
In the dynamic world of steam cleaners, where efficiency and innovation reign supreme, McCulloch stands tall as a brand synonymous with reliability and cutting-edge technology.
Among its impressive lineup, the MC1275, MC1375, and MC1385 emerge as distinguished players, each flaunting its distinctive features tailored to meet a spectrum of cleaning needs. This guide aims to be your compass, navigating through the nuances of these McCulloch steam cleaners, and assisting you in making an informed decision about the ideal addition to your cleaning arsenal.
A Housewife’s Dilemma
Being a housewife, I understand firsthand that maintaining a clean home is not just a routine but a vital aspect of creating a healthy and happy living space. With three energetic kids who seem to have mastered the art of creating messes, my household often faced the aftermath of spills, stains, and chaos—grease, paint, and oil stains seemed to have become permanent residents on various surfaces.
In my pursuit of a simple yet effective solution that could guarantee impressive results in very little time, I stumbled upon the world of McCulloch steam cleaners. The recommendation came from a friend who, like me, was navigating the challenges of keeping a busy household tidy.
Intrigued by her rave reviews, I embarked on an online exploration, discovering that McCulloch MC1275, MC1375, and MC1385 were the top contenders in their lineup.
The dilemma, however, lay in the lack of detailed information about which model would best suit my needs. The reviews were positive, and each looked promising, but the specifics were elusive. After nearly a year of firsthand experience with one of these remarkable machines, I feel compelled to share my journey, focusing on why the MC1375 emerged as the perfect fit for my home.
A Word About McCulloch Steam Cleaners
Before delving into the intricacies of my personal experience, it’s essential to acknowledge McCulloch’s longstanding legacy. With over 70 years of expertise in crafting garden appliances and home cleaning products, McCulloch has established a niche for itself.
McCulloch steam cleaners operate by heating water to a scorching 212 degrees Fahrenheit. What sets them apart is their ability to deliver a powerful cleaning performance without relying on harmful chemicals.
Their steam cleaners, in particular, go beyond the conventional cleaning tools. They not only eliminate more than 90% of harmful bacteria but also contribute to a sanitized living environment. Their powerful steam cleaner helps remove dirt, grease, and grime from the bathroom, kitchen, kitchen appliances, and even your car!
They leave no artificial odors behind, providing a truly refreshing cleaning experience. Now, I know this might sound like standard “sales” language, but I speak from personal experience—I’ve tried it out myself.
I learned about McCulloch steam cleaners through a friend, who gave rave reviews of their products. I checked out all the options online and learned that McCulloch MC1275, MC1375, and MC1385 were their top three models.
They all looked nice and had great reviews, but there was very little information anywhere about which of these is good for me! That’s why, after using one of these lovely machines for almost a year, I thought of helping out others by sharing how I came to choose the MC1375 for my home.
A Word About McCulloch Steam Cleaners
McCulloch steam cleaners heat water up to 212 degrees Fahrenheit. They clean without using harmful chemicals and don’t leave behind any artificial odors. I know this all sounds like “sales” language, but believe me, I am speaking after trying it out myself!
MC 1275 heavy-duty steam cleaner comes with 18 accessories and is perfect for cleaning the floor, carpet, tiles, sinks, bathroom, furniture, and kitchen. Some of its key features are:
- Multi-purpose: You can clean surfaces like tiles, wooden flooring, and carpet. You can even clean oil and burnt food from your oven or grill.
- No chemicals: The steam cleaner uses hot water that turns into powerful steam and cleans tough stains.
- Large capacity: The large 48 ounce capacity of the MC1275 means that you don’t have to interrupt your cleaning process to refill the tank. You can clean for up to 45 minutes without stopping even once
- Time Saver: Despite its large size, it fills up in under eight minutes, saving you time. If you need continuous steam cleaning, there is an optional lockable trigger available as well.
- Versatile: The cleaner is very versatile. With 18 different accessories: two nylon brushes, mop pads, floor mop, brass brush, scrub pad, squeeze, nylon brushes, and more, you can clean different items easily.
McCulloch MC1375 And Its Features
MC 1375 is a canister steam cleaner available with 20 different accessories that make cleaning very simple and effective. Some of its key features:
- Extra-long hose and wire: A long wire of 18 foot and 10-foot steam hose makes you clean small areas easily. Cleaning the car’s interiors, its engine, grill machines, oven, and more become very convenient with the steam cleaner.
- Extra-large steam producing capacity: the tank can hold water up to 48 ounces that heat up in 12 minutes. This provides 90 minutes of continuous steam that helps to clean small areas of any gear with ease. The cleaner helps to sanitize the house and different gadgets and removes 99% of germs and bacteria with ease.
- Versatile accessories: 20 different accessories make the cleaning job simple and very effective. Without using harsh chemicals, killing germs is possible with this steam cleaner.
- Deep cleaning: Clean almost everything, including kitchen, bathroom, gadgets, car, floor, carpet, sink, car’s engine, grill, and more, within a few minutes.
MC 1385 And Its Features
MC1385 is the most premium steam cleaner in the McCulloch range. Twenty-three different equipment types are available with this cleaner that helps clean almost every floor, counter, window, appliance, and other gadgets used in the home.
- Large steam capacity: the device has a large water holding capacity of 64 oz that heats water in just 12 minutes and provides 120 minutes on non-stop steam for cleaning the house and different gadgets. With 58 PSI, pressure cleaning becomes very convenient.
- Perfect cleaning: with an extra-long power cord of 18 feet and a steam hose of 10 foot cleaning those areas where you cannot reach earlier is also possible with the steam canister.
- Reliable and durable gear: the steam cleaner is available with a two-year warranty and meets the U.S’s voltage requirements. It is highly safe to use the cleaner as it meets all the safety standards too—the cleaner guarantees to provide 100% customer satisfaction.
- 23 Different Attachments: cleaning the floor with the floor mop and brass brush is possible. Further cleaning the messy stains is possible with the nylon brush. The jet nozzle helps clean those areas of the sink or the bathroom where brushes cannot reach.
Comparison Guide: MC1275 vs MC 1375 vs MC1385
|Power Cord Length
|Steam Lasts Till
|13.5"H x 10.5"W x 17.2"D
|10.5"H x 12.2"W x 15.6"D
|19.1"H x 13.4"W x 13.1"D
|Inside the Storage
Accessibility and filling:
MC 1385 and 1375 have a twist cap on the top, thus refilling the tank very convenient. On the other hand, MC 1275 has a cap that is inside the storage compartment. Reaching the filling tank for MC 1275 is a bit difficult. It is important to have the tank filling cap on the top.
MC 1385 and MC 1375 are easier to fill up.
Water holding capacity:
MC 1275 and MC 1375 both have a tank capacity of 48 ounces, while MC 1385 has a capacity of 64 oz that helps to make more steam and provides 2 hours of non-stop cleaning. All three cleaners use a 1500-watt boiler to heat the steam cleaner in a few minutes.
The MC 1385 is the clear winner if you are cleaning a large home with many surfaces to clean.
You can control the steam in MC 1385 and MC 1375. The highest pressure rate in both is 58 PSI. MC 1275 is smaller than its counterparts. It uses a pressure rate of only 43 PSI.
The higher the PSI, the better cleaning you get; therefore, steam cleaners with higher pressure rates can clean tough stains and grime. Neither does the MC 1275 have a variable steam control mechanism. You cannot modulate the steam pressure to increase the cleaning time.
If you are dealing with tougher stains and dirt, MC 1385 and MC 1375 are equally good; MC 1275 is slightly lower.
Long Power Cord and Hose:
The longer the cord, the better it is for cleaning bigger rooms and multiple rooms. MC 1375 and 1385 have a ten feet long hose, and MC 1275 has a nine feet cord that is smaller.
The MC 1375 and MC 1385 have an 18 feet long power cord, which means that you can use the cleaner in different rooms without having to unplug and plug it back in again. The MC 1275 is slightly smaller, 15.7 feet.
If you have to clean multiple rooms and inaccessible corners, the MC 1385 and MC 1375 are better.
Lightweight & Size
Lightweight steam cleaners are easier to carry. MC 1275 is the lightest amongst all three that makes it easy to store and convenient to carry along while cleaning the car or wooden floors outside the house.
MC 1275 is easily the lightest one; if you are elderly or cannot operate heavy appliances, you should not go for the MC 1385.
The MC 1375 has smaller dimensions than the other two, both in terms of height and depth.
If you don’t have large closet space, it will be easier to store the MC 1375 than the MC 1275.
The MC 1385 is more expensive, the MC 1375 is priced in between, and the MC 1275 is the best-priced.
Why I Chose The MC 1375
I bought the McCulloch MC1375 because I was looking at a modestly priced product that could easily cover my three-bedroom apartment. Because my kids are always making a mess around the house, I needed to be sure that I can reach even the toughest of corners.
Despite the large apartment, our closets are really small, which made MC 1375 the default choice. I didn’t mind the 1 pound extra weight above the MC 1275
Compared with the MC 1385, the only thing that I miss is the extra steam generation capacity. But my place is not large enough to miss it that much!
Of course, the fact that the MC 1375 was priced in the middle but had features closer to MC 1385 helped a lot in my decision!
While the MC 1375 was perfect for me, it’s not always the best choice. If you are looking for a smartly priced steam cleaner with great lightweight and compact features, MC 1275 is a great option.
Similarly, if you are into heavy-duty cleaning, and have a much bigger place or a garage to clean up, opt for the MC1385.
But in the end, every product is a class act, and you will never regret the purchase. In selecting the ideal McCulloch steam cleaner, rest assured that each model is crafted to uphold the brand’s commitment to efficiency and innovation.
Whether you opt for the versatility of the MC1275, the upgraded features of the MC1375, or the heavy-duty capabilities of the MC1385, you’re investing in a reliable and powerful cleaning companion.
McCulloch continues to redefine the standards of steam cleaning, ensuring that your home not only stays clean but does so with unparalleled efficiency and ease. Elevate your cleaning experience with the McCulloch steam cleaner that aligns perfectly with your household demands, and step into a realm where cleaning becomes a seamless and rewarding endeavor.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sets McCulloch Steam Cleaners apart from other brands in the market?
McCulloch has a legacy of over 70 years, specializing in crafting garden appliances and home cleaning products. Their steam cleaners, including the MC1275, MC1375, and MC1385, stand out for their ability to eliminate over 90% of harmful bacteria without the use of chemicals, contributing to a sanitized living environment.
Are these steam cleaners suitable for heavy-duty cleaning tasks?
Yes, particularly the MC1385, which is positioned as a heavy-duty cleaning beast. With a larger water tank, longer runtime, and variable steam control, the MC1385 is designed to tackle more demanding cleaning challenges effectively.
Do these steam cleaners leave any artificial odors behind?
No, one of the distinguishing features of McCulloch steam cleaners is their ability to clean without using harmful chemicals, ensuring that no artificial odors are left behind after the cleaning process.